To update your equipment, you must download and install the update of your XpertEye smartphone phone and glasses. To do this, you must follow the steps below:
Updating the XpertEye smartphone
- Start your XpertEye smartphone
- Make sure your XpertEye smartphone is 100% battery charged
- Make sure your XpertEye smartphone is connected to the Internet (WiFi, 3G/4G/LTE)
- Perform the update via the yellow information banner. If the banner does not appear, open the application menu to the right of the XpertEye logo, Settings, About Phone, Additional System Updates
Important : If you are connected to a mobile network, please note that the automatic update results in a fairly large data transfer. The quality of this traffic will impact the update time and data consumption of your telephony package.
Update of the glasses
- Once the update is complete, turn on the glasses and connect them to your XpertEye smartphone with the USB cables provided with the solution
- Perform the update via the red information banner in the upper part of the screen
Note : In order to ensure perfect compatibility between the participants, we advise you to update the participant side with the XpertEye website by following the instructions here.
Important: The update oepration of the dedicated smartphone and glasses is done in 3 steps:
- Update download
- Installing and restarting the dedicated smartphone
- Glasses update
The duration of step1 varies depending on the bandwidth available on you network. The size of and XpertEye update is on average 700Mb, which gives the examples below:
- Bandwidth at 5 Mb/s=(1) Download: 16 minutes + (2) +(3): 5 minutes => about 21 minutes.
- Bandwidth at 10 Mb/s=(1) Download: 8 minutes + (2) +(3): 5 minutes => about 13 minutes.