To facilitate the installation of a Wi-Fi certificate on your RealWear Essential glasses, we recommend that you install screencopy or RealWear Explorer. To do so, please refer to this article.
1. Turn on and connect your glasses to your PC using a USB/Micro USB cable and then launch screen copy (scrcpy.exe) or realwear Explorer (RW Explorer).
The HMT-1 glasses should appear in your Windows Explorer. If not, go to step 9.
The main home menu should look like this
2. Click My Programs and then click Settings
3. Select Security and Location
4. 4. Enter the Encryption & credentials then click Install from storage at the bottom of the page.
5. Click Advanced Settings, and then click Install Certificates.
6. Then click on the button at the top left of the screen to search for the certificate you have previously put in the PC\HMT-1 directory for the Wi-fi.crt certificate.
If the HMT-1 directory does not appear, the USB port setting may not be correct. In this case, go to step 8.
7. Select the file, give the certificate a name, and select Wi-Fi and OK.
8. The HMT-1 directory does not appear in your windows explorer and you cannot drop the certificate. Press the Esc key as many times as necessary to return to the home page. Repeat steps 1, 2 and 3 of this article.
9. From the Settings menu, select System at the bottom of the page, then Developer Options. If these are not enabled, you will need to click Build Number 8 times in a row from the Settings menu\System\About device.
10. Click Select USB Configuration and then choose MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) to have your glasses appear in windows explorer. Drop the certificate into the glasses PC\HMT-1\Shared Internal Storage Space\Download Wi-fi.crt certificate. Repeat step 7.
Caution: Remember to delete this certificate from the Download folder after use..